Saturday, September 27, 2008

the tragedy is how you're gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on

i really need to start doing some of the things i used to do.
i used to listen to music so much, it's what put me in a good mood.
i don't know what's happened, but ive gotten so used to just turning on the radio
which typically is a horrible idea.
___
the song that made me realize this today though, listening to the radio, was the song "the remedy" by jason mraz. i've been listening to basically rap stuff all the time, just because it's usually whats on the radio, but the remedy happen to come on today as i was driving to walmart.
i didnt realize it really at the time, i liked how the song reminded me of being giddy.
___
tonight i had another one of my in depth chats with kristen. we started talking about college again, which is a pretty typical topic these days.
"I'm trying to think of why I actually want to go to college and what I actually want to do," is a pretty common thing to come out of kristen's mouth, but I started to think about what i really wanted to do with my life, what i would do if i knew i would be completely stable and not have to worry about money. I'm not really sure, I have this hazey vision that I keep adding details to. This obviously sparked Kristen's attention, since I didn't say that classic, "oh im going to work with my mom and my sister." But anyways, I have this hazey vision of wanting to take pictures of anything and everything and just selling prints. I also envisioned having a blog where I write about anything and everything I want to. In my creative writing class, we have been learning about memoirs, I've become really interested in this idea of writing. So trying to clear this fog, I think I want to take photographs, write about my interesting, hysterical, horrible, hilarious encounters that I have with life.
___
I said the tragedy is how you're gonna spend,
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.
I won't worry my life away.

No comments: